On Tuesday we watched the Inauguration of Barack Obama. It is a huge change for our country and a very historical event, and I didn’t want to miss it. (I will admit I’m not for Obama 100% but our country needed a leader and he was chosen, so I will support him.) I also wanted Landon to watch and somewhat understand what was going on. It was cool to watch and listen to the things that were being said. Not just by Obama but by the reporters as well. As Obama was coming out there were people chanting BARACK OBAMA! BARACK OBAMA! Landon asked “Mom who is that?” I told him it was Barack Obama, our new President of the United States. For a 3 year old I wasn’t sure what he would take from it. He didn’t say much the rest of the time just a few questions here and there. Throughout the day, any time we turned on the T.V. there was something about Obama, He was everywhere! Later that day we went to the store, as we were standing in the check out line, Landon saw a picture of Obama on a magazine and said, “Mom, Look Barack Obama!” then begins chanting BARACK OBAMA! BARACK OBAMA! BARACK OBAMA! BARACK OBAMA! And not quiet either. I asked him to be quiet then he said "But he’s our President!" He was right, and I did want him to know what was going on. I asked him to please say it quieter. Then after we got home, we turned on the T.V. and again more stuff about Obama. Landon said to me, “Mom, I am so sick of all this Barack Obama stuff, will you please just shut it off?” At least he knows who our new President is, and that, "He lives in a BIG-white-house somewhere." I can't help but laugh.
Flag Football
9 years ago















1 comment:
I love your stories! They always crack me up! You little girl is darling!
Em
Post a Comment