Tuesday, December 2, 2008

First Dentist Appointment




So Landon got to experience the DENTIST!!!! Last time he said "NO Thank YOU"!!!! And this time he was still NOT happy about it. He was sure it was going to hurt. He would say, "Mom, My teeth DO NOT hurt" and "I brushed them really good, I can't see ANY sugar bugs" All in a way of trying to get out of going. But I told him that Mom and Dad were going and he could just watch if he wanted too, and if he changed his mind, then he could have a turn. So, when we got to the office they took Stan right back and Landon was very interested to see where his dad was going. He watched very quietly while Stan was getting his teeth done. When the hygienist asked if Landon was ready, He said "Yeah Sure" jumped right in the chair and took his coat off, but had to leave his gloves on ? (not sure why). She was really good, she showed him all the tools and told him what they do and asked if she could count his teeth and polish them. After she was done she did a florid treatment and put the "Mouth Vacuum" in so he wouldn't swallow the florid. When she took it out, Landon Said... "That is ONE Fancy Vacuum!!".... "My mom has one, but only for carpet we don't put it in our mouth" Then the Dentist looked at his teeth, and gave him a cool new tooth brush. He did such a good job, for a little 3 year old who's teeth "DO NOT HURT!"
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

rneweyfamily said...

That's so cute. I should get my kids into the dentist, but I haven't yet. Good job Landon!

Dena said...

How cute! Kids say the funniest things! I'm glad that it went well for him.

The Cook Clan said...

Wow, good job buddy! Sounds like he was pretty brave.

Curtis and Steph said...

Yea Landon!!! I'm so excited that he had his first cleaning!!! (I am a very proud dental hygienist aunt right now!) :) It's great to hear that he kept his sense of humor...even at the dentist! Everything that kid says makes me smile! Ha!

Hild Family said...

He is such a CUTIE!! I'm glad he had a good experience. Layton loved the dentist so much the first time that he wanted to go back the next day. Kids are so silly.

Curtis and Steph said...

Yeah, yeah Lando is cute, whatever, the real issue is with your Christmas countdown, why the crap are we counting down 219 days from today? You need to get your ducks in a row.

Katrina Wilson said...

that's so funny!! I bet he got a kick out of all the tools and the Fancy Vacuum, I'm surprised he didn't ask you to get one for him!!

Sage Hanks said...

Hey so since you are experienced with the dental thing...want to take Morg's in Jan. I'll watch the baby! eheheh nice trade!

Curtis and Steph said...

Your Christmas countdown ducks say there are 216 days until Christmas!!! If that's the next thing you have to look forward to...you're not gonna be having that baby for a LONG time! Ha-ha! (That's why we said you need to get your ducks in a row...'cause they obviously don't know there's only 19 days 'til Christmas..not 216!) :) P.S. We don't want to wait that long to see cute new baby Gillett!!!